Our team at Convey Law are greatly equipped to deal with a vast number of areas within business law such as buying or selling a business, advising on business structure, drafting and negotiating documents, agreements and contracts, corporate and commercial property issues, litigation and dispute resolution.
Starting a Business
Founding and establishing a business can be a complex and time consuming process – relieve yourself of the stress by allowing our team of experienced lawyers guide you through the journey of New Zealand business law.
Business law can be intricate and tedious to navigate so our team at Convey Law provide our expertise to help you deal with only the most important and necessary parts concerning you and your business, putting you in the best position to make informed decisions.
We offer holistic care from expert advice on the structure most suitable for your business to arranging company incorporation and advising you on the licence and consent requirements for your business as well as all of the legal obligations that need to be fulfilled. Our team can ensure that as a business owner, you understand your legal obligations and liabilities and the best methods of protecting your assets and investments.
Our contract law experts are qualified to prepare all necessary contracts and documents such as company constitutions, terms of trade, shareholder agreements, credit application forms etc. Our solicitors have a strong grasp of New Zealand business law and can provide the best practical advice to add value to the growth and development of your business.
We provide advice on:
- Deciding on business structure
- Registration of business name and company incorporations
- Investments and Asset protection
- Shareholder’s Agreements
- Contract Law
- Lease of commercial property
- Purchase of commercial property
- Advice on New Zealand business law specifically related to your business
Buying a Business
The purchase of a business can be a substantial investment decision whether it be a stand-alone, franchise or an acquisition, therefore a business lawyer well versed in the art of New Zealand business law is crucial in helping you to understand all the aspects involved in purchasing a business.
Our solicitors will ensure that you understand the entire process and all the required documentations by dispensing their expert advice in plain English. We will negotiate with the seller on your behalf, be your liaison in your dealings with your accountant, lender or business broker and ensure that you fulfil your due diligence. Our expertise also covers the reviewing of all your business contracts and agreements.
Our Solicitors can:
- Review Sale and Purchase Agreements
- Advise you on the best and correct structure for your business
- Advise you on the purchase of assets or shares of the business
- Advise you on new and existing contracts and agreements pertaining to your
- business (Employment Agreements, Shareholders Agreements, Company Constitutions etc)
- Review existing leases or commercial property ownership Agreements
- Assist with applications to reassign leases
- Conduct PPSR (Personal Property Securities Register) searches.
- Advise on and review consents and council licences
Selling a Business
Before you sell your business, it is crucial to seek sound legal advice to ensure the right provisions are included in your Sale and Purchase Agreement. Our experts can assist you with preparing the due diligence, ensuring the sale covers ongoing liabilities and negotiating exit packages.
We assist you with:
- Drafting or reviewing Sale and Purchase Agreements
- Conveyancing for businesses
- Merger and acquisitions advice
- Transferring shares
- Reducing ongoing liabilities on existing leases
- Obtaining releases of guarantees
- Obtaining releases of any securities held